Paediatric First Aid – 2 days
Who’s this course for?
This one-day Emergency Paediatric First Aid course has been designed for those who have an interest in child and infant basic life support.
Our courses meet all OFSTED / EYFS requirements and provide learners with the skills, knowledge and confidence to act effectively when it really matters.
Anyone who works in or would like to work in the child care industry.
Who should attend?
Mums, Dads, Grandparents who would like to know what to do in an emergency if a child becomes unwell.
Teachers at all levels, Administrative staff, Support staff, Childminders, Nannies, Early Years Practitioners, all childcare professionals. If you are choosing staff to attend, consider:
- Reliability, disposition and communication skills
- Aptitude and ability to absorb new knowledge and learn new skills
- Ability to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures
We can run this course at your venue or you can join one of our open courses at a variety of venues across the UK
What our syllabus covers
This course is a minimum of 12 hours contact teaching time and is normally run over two consecutive days.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to attend this course.
The students will learn:
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an Emergency
- Communication and Casualty Care
- The Primary Assessment, Recovery Position
- Seizures, Febrile convulsions
- Shock, Bleeding
- Burns & Scalds, Electrical Shocks
- Asthma, Anaphylactic shock
- Head Injuries, Poisoning
- Meningitis, Croup
- Sickle Cell Crisis, Diabetes
- Bites and Stings, Drowning
Is there an exam?
Yes, the course is assessed and this consists of:
- A practical CPR and casualty management skills assessment
- A multiple choice question paper
- Ongoing skills and knowledge testing during the course