Annual Training Updates
Who’s this course for?
Anyone who has successfully completed a First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work course. This session should be attended on an annual basis around the anniversary of your qualifictaion date. This is not compulsory but “strongly recommended” by the HSE
Who should attend?
Anyone who has attended a First Aid course
How does it work?
year 0 – successfully complete an FAW/RFAW/EFAW qualification
year 1 – attended a 3 hour annual update session
year 2 – attend a 3 hour annual update session
year 3 – attend an RFAW 12 hour or EFAW 6 hour re-qualification course
We can run this course at your venue or you can join one of our open courses at a variety of venues across the UK
What our syllabus covers
This short course involves a minimum for 3 hours contact teaching time and is normally run in one morning or afternoon session.
The students will learn how to:
• Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
Is there an exam?
This course is not formally assessed but it is expected that students will be able to demonstrate effective CPR by the end of the session