First Aid at Work Requalification
Who’s this course for?
Anyone who needs to renew their First Aid at Work qualification. You will have already held your FAW certificate for nearly three years and will need to produce your current certificate before attending this course.
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, place a general duty on Employers to ensure that there is adequate First Aid provision for their Employees should they become ill or suffer injury at work. This course is designed to meet these requirements.
Who should attend?
Those already qualified in the First Aid at Work with a certificate due to expire.
We can run this course at your venue or you can join one of our open courses at a variety of venues across the UK
What our syllabus covers
This course involves a minimum for 12 hours contact teaching time and is normally run over two consecutive days. Students will be trained in the procedures, safety requirements and management skills for First Aid.
The course will refresh:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and accident
- Use of available First Aid equipment
- Accessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly, and effectively in an emergency.
How to manage:
- Unconsciousness including seizures
- Wounds & bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- Burns & scalds
- Eye injuries
- Anaphylactic shock
- Major illness including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes
- Minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
Is there an exam?
Yes, this consists of:
- A practical CPR and casualty management skills assessment
- Ongoing First Aid scenarios
- A multiple choice question paper