Who’s this course for?
Our courses meet all OFSTED / EYFS requirements and provide learners with the skills, knowledge and confidence to act effectively when it really matters.
Anyone who works in or would like to work in the child care industry.
Who should attend?
Mums, Dads, Grandparents who would like to know what to do in an emergency if a child becomes unwell.
Teachers at all levels, Administrative staff, Support staff, Childminders, Nannies, Early Years Practitioners, all childcare professionals. If you are choosing staff to attend, consider:
- Reliability, disposition and communication skills
- Aptitude and ability to absorb new knowledge and learn new skills
- Ability to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures
Whats in the syllabus?
This course is a minimum of 12 hours contact teaching time and is normally run over two consecutive days.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to attend this course.
The students will learn:
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an Emergency
- Communication and Casualty Care
- The Primary Assessment, Recovery Position
- Seizures, Febrile convulsions
- Shock, Bleeding
- Burns & Scalds, Electrical Shocks
- Asthma, Anaphylactic shock
- Head Injuries, Poisoning
- Meningitis, Croup
- Sickle Cell Crisis, Diabetes
- Bites and Stings, Drowning
Is there an exam?
Yes, the course is assessed and this consists of:
- A practical CPR and casualty management skills assessment
- A multiple choice question paper
- Ongoing skills and knowledge testing during the course
Re-qualification for this award is currently re attendance of the full original two day course
We can run this course at your venue or you can join one of our open courses at a variety of locations across the UK
27th – 28th September – Accrington 9.30 – 4.30 both days £65 + vat pp
Case Study – Oscar Bears Day Care
At FATE we pride ourselves on being flexible and responsive to our clients. On the 25th July 2015 and 1st August 2015 we ran a paediatric training course at Oscar Bear’s Day Care in Accrington. We ran the courses on Saturdays to make it as easy as possible for everyone to attend but with minimum disruption to the business. It was a great success and we would like to say thank you to everyone who was involved.
‘’The two-day Paediatric Course at our nursery was brilliant, thank you. Being able to run the course over two Saturdays ensured we could qualify the greatest number of staff at the same time without effecting the day to day running of the nursery. The girls attending were more than happy with everything. Thank you again, for providing the course! We will definitely be using FATE for all other first aid training we may need.’’
Kelly – Oscar Bear’s Day Care.