Who’s this course for?
Anyone who needs to become a qualified First Aider in the workplace but this course is also great for anyone with a interest in First Aid and would like to get a good grounding in the subject.
This course is designed for workplace which has been risk assessed as a lower risk in the First aid needs assessment.
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, place a general duty on Employers to ensure that there is adequate First Aid provision for their Employees should they become ill or suffer injury at work. This course is designed to meet these requirements.
Who should attend?
The selection of Employees who will be trained as First Aiders must consider an individuals:
- Reliability, disposition and communication skills
- Aptitude and ability to absorb new knowledge and learn new skills
- Ability to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures
- That they could leave their duties immediately to respond to an emergency in the workplace
- For those with a general interest in first aid, its better if your not squeamish.
What’s in the syllabus?
This course involves a minimum of 6 hours contact teaching time and is normally run over a day.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to attend this course.
The students will learn about:
- The role of the First Aider
- Recording incidents and accidents
- First Aid kits
- Basic hygiene & why it’s important
- Act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Managing an incident
- Priorities of First Aid
- Unconscious casualty including seizures
- CPR for the adult
- Wounds & bleeding
- Minor injuries including minor burns & scalds, cuts & bruises, splinters
Is there an exam?
Yes, but its very informal and is:
- A multiple choice question paper
- Ongoing checking of your skills as you learn
Re-qualification for this award is currently by re attendance of the original one day (6 hour) course
We can run this course at your venue or you can join one of our open courses at a variety of venues across the UK
15th September – Accrington 9.30 – 4.30 £45 + vat pp
20th September – Blackburn 9.30 – 4.30 £45 + vat pp
Case Study – A Bee Electrical
A Bee Electrical needed to train their electrician in the Emergency First Aid at Work Qualification.
To keep costs down for them, we arranged their course and opened it up to others selling the extra places allowing us to reduce their overall costs.
Seven members of A Bee Electrical staff trained for less than £200+VAT.
Testimonial – Moorhead Primary School
“When Fate come into our school, they are completely flexible around our inset days and make it fun not only for the teachers but for the pupils as well, they show the children the seriousness of First Aid in a fun learning environment, completely invaluable”